think inside the box
Aug 2015 - Dec 2015
I helped teach Harvard's introduction to computer science and largest course, with over 800 students. I loved getting new students excited about computer science and, more generally, helping grow Harvard's up-and-coming computer science department.
- Led recitation sections with class of 20
- Held office hours with over 300 students regularly in attendance
- Graded exams and problem sets
- Created comprehensive handouts that became very popular with students
May 2015 - Aug 2015
I enjoyed working at Khan Academy because I'm passionate about using technology to make education more effective and accessible for all. At Khan Academy, I interned on the web frontend team, working closely with designers and other engineers, and dabbled in backend engineering, data science, and product management.
- Extended the discussion notification system
- Created SEO'd landing pages
- Fixed bugs on new React-based video player
- Analyzed donation and user interaction data with SQL
- Worked closely with content team to propose project to add flashcards to website